Mr. Wendland is of counsel to the firm, is licensed to practice in Minnesota and California, and has extensive experience within a wide range of commercial, real estate and estate planning law.
Business & Corporate
- Corporation, LLC and Partnership Formation
- Business Sale, Purchaser and Merger and Acquisition
- Buy-Sell Agreements
- Business Governance and Structure, disputes
- Strategic Planning concerning business growth, acquisition, and successorship issues
Banking & Financial
- Commercial and Residential Sales and Purchases
- Commercial and Residential Development
- Commercial and Residential leases
- Tax-Deferred (Section 1031) Exchanges, including reverse exchanges
- Estate Tax Planning
- Probate Avoidance
- Specialty trusts, including qualified personal residence trusts (QPRT), irrevocable life insurance trusts (ILIT), and supplemental needs trusts.
- Health Care Directives and Powers of Attorney
Education & Professional
University of Minnesota (B.A., 1972)
University of California School of Law at Los Angeles (J.D., 1976)
Admitted to bar, 1976 California; 1979 Minnesota; 1980 U.S. District Court, District of Minnesota.
Member of Minnesota State and American Bar Associations, State Bar of California.
Mr. Wendland is an author and lecturer on contract law for the Minnesota State Bar Association and for Minnesota Continuing Legal Education. He has frequently lectured before business and professional groups on legal issues related to business formation and relationships and estate planning techniques. He also has been selected by his peers as a Leading Minnesota Attorney in Residential and Commercial Real Estate Law, Publicly Held Corporations Law and Small and Privately Held Business Law.
Mr. Wendland has served on the following nonprofit boards: Rochester Area Foundation, Rochester Community and Technical College Foundation, Exchange Club, Rochester Area Builders, Cronin Homes Foundation, Legal Aid of Olmsted County, Olmsted County Tax Roundtable, and Olmsted County Estate Planning Counsel, among others. In addition to boating and fishing with family and friends at the family cabin in Northern Minnesota, Mr. Wendland’s passions include pheasant and duck hunting with his black lab, Libby. A lifelong motorcyclist and a Harley Davidson owner, he has traveled fifteen countries to date on two wheels with friends, the most recent adventures including New Zealand, Chile, Argentina and Australia.