Chris Wendland, a Rochester native, is a shareholder who maintains a multi-faceted, transactional practice, in the areas of business, real estate, banking and finance, estate planning and employment law.
Business & Corporate
- Corporation, LLC and Partnership Formation
- Business Sale, Purchaser and Merger and Acquisition
- Buy-Sell Agreements
- Business Governance and Structure
- Entity Dissolution
- Commercial and Residential Purchase Agreements
- Commercial and Residential Real Estate Closings
- Commercial and Residential Leases
- Easements and Licenses
- Boundary Disputes
- Homeowner Associations
Banking & Financial
- Loan Documents (for both lenders and borrowers)
Estate Planning & Administration
- Estate Tax Planning
- Probate Avoidance
- Health Care Directives and Powers of Attorney
- Guardianships and Conservatorships
- Employment Handbooks and Policy
- Hiring and Firing
- Employment Contracts and Noncompete Agreements
- Severance Agreements
Education & Professional
University of Minnesota (B.A., 2004, cum laude, with distinction)
Phi Beta Kappa
William Mitchell College of Law (J.D., 2007 cum laude)
Admitted to bar, Minnesota and U. S. District Court, District of Minnesota.
Mr. Wendland is a participating attorney in LegalCorps, a pro bono legal services provider for small business owners. Mr. Wendland has been a participating attorney with Wills for Heroes, a service provided by the Minnesota State Bar Association that provides simple wills for qualified firefighters, police officers, and first responders. Mr. Wendland an author and lecturer on a variety of topics, including contracts, business entity formation, probate, estate planning, and employment law.
Mr. Wendland is active in the community in various boards and committees, including Rochester Public Library Foundation, American Red Cross and Neurological Recovery House. In his spare time, Mr. Wendland is an avid guitar player and enjoys playing hockey, running and family activities with his wife and young daughter. Mr. Wendland is a life-long fan of the University of Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey team, supports Manchester United Football Club and is a Green Bay Packer season ticket holder with his wife.